MAY 19, 2020 : Vacation Rental Ban Lifted
Governor Ron DeSantis has accepted the Walton County Board of County Commissioners’ proposed plan of enhanced cleaning and safety practices, clearing the way for the BCC to reopen short term vacation rentals in Walton County, which they did at an emergency meeting on Tuesday afternoon. This action is effective immediately.
Vacation Rentals can now once again rent in Walton County, as long as they are following the guidelines set out by the BCC. As part of the governor’s reopening plan, reservations cannot be accepted for dates within the next 45 days (as of 5/19) from the following states, which are deemed COVID-19 hotspots: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Louisiana.
To Our Sanders Beach Family:
We Are Excited to Welcome You Back to 30-A! We stand ready to serve you during these unprecedented times in the best way we know how: with the same excellent customer service and hospitality you have grown accustomed to. The safety and well-being of our guests, owners and team members is now and always our top priority.
- All staff members have been equipped with necessary safety materials including protective masks and gloves to best safeguard themselves and others while completing their tasks in the field.
- Our property care teams have also been thoroughly educated on updated safety standards and the precautionary measures in place as the health and safety of our staff and clients is our highest priority.
- ALL Sanders Beach Rentals Homes are on our Clean Linen Program. This is important, as it means the cleaning practices for ALL of our linens far exceed those of the industry. Every article of linen and every towel in all of our homes is sterilized to hospital regulations.
- Properties will not only be cleaned, but will undergo rigorous sanitization and disinfection protocols every time. To allow our property care teams more time to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect our properties, any potential early check-ins have been suspended.
As of May 1, our beaches have been opened as well as chair and umbrella rentals, etc. as of May 19. However, at this time, no special events or beach bonfires will be allowed. All visitors to the beach must adhere to the CDC guidelines of social-distancing, including no gatherings of more than 10 people and 6 ft. or more in between groups.
WaterColor Amenities Update
The following amenities are currently available for WaterColor guests:
WaterColor Beach Club is open as of Sunday, May 17, from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. with the following guidelines:
- Wristbands will be issued at the front entrance and are required to enter the Beach Club.
- Guests should maintain proper physical-distancing of 6 ft. or more and not gather in groups larger than 10 people.
- Lounge chairs will be spaced 6 ft. apart and sanitized after each use (please do not move furniture).
- Towel service will not be available to reduce unnecessary contact. Leaving personal towels as a “space saver” is not allowed; all towels left on an unattended lounger for more than 30 minutes will be removed by staff and properly sanitized.
- Pool decks will be closed in phases for proper sanitation procedures beginning at 5 p.m. daily; signage will be posted to notify guests of closures.
Camp WaterColor will be open from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. with limited occupancy, in line with the CDC’s recommended physical-distancing guidelines: all pools are open (tubes/noodles will not be available or permitted at the Lazy River pool); pools will be monitored to ensure the proper limited occupancy is being maintained; no towel service will be provided to reduce unnecessary contact. The Canteen Restaurant will be serving food and beverages from a limited menu, from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The below WaterColor Resort pools are open from 9 a.m. –6 p.m. beginning May 4, with limited occupancy, in line with physical–distancing guidelines. To adhere to group size limitations, entry will be based on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be monitored to ensure the proper limited occupancy is being maintained. Please note that towel services will not be available to reduce unnecessary contact:
- Sand Hill Pool
- Marina Pool
- Dragonfly Pool
The Boathouse Paddle Club is open daily between 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Reservations required by texting (850) 419-6188.
WaterSound West Amenities Update
- The WaterSound West Beach Access is Open as it does run through Deer Lake State Park.
- The WaterSound West Pool will be open starting Friday, May 22, but with limited hours, limited days and several guidelines and restrictions. Click HERE to review the pool reopen letter for all of the guidelines. The kitchen and grill area will remain closed.
WaterSound Amenities Update
- The Dunesider pool is open.
- The Dunesider Grill and Market is open 7 days a week starting at 8 a.m. and will be serving breakfast and lunch in addition to the market.
- The Compass Point Pool is open and new pool rules are listed on the gate.